The Professional Exchange Service Corporation (PESC) is always looking for great employees. Our company is dynamic and growing. The work environment is fast-paced. We value our employees so we provide medical insurance, dental and vision benefits, life and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation, and retirement benefits. We also offer attendance and performance incentives, bonuses, and occasional family friendly activities and events. If you're looking for a job, we might have the right position for you.
The Exchange Call Center
The Exchange operates 24/7. Our Customer Service Representatives handle calls for a variety of clients including doctors, businesses, and governmental agencies. Our computer system makes it easy to read and follow call-handling instructions. We are not engaged in telemarketing.
We're likely to have full-time and part-time openings on the day, afternoon, evening, and overnight shifts. Flexible scheduling is available for students. Fluency in other languages is a definite plus.
If you have a great attitude and pleasant phone voice, this might be the job for you.
We're willing to hire and train the right applicants, even if they have little or no work experience.
Sometimes, we have openings in administrative services, association management, and event management. Occasional overnight travel may be required. Positions in these areas might include:
- Staff accountants who are proficient with QuickBooks, especially QuickBooks online. Experience with non-profit bookkeeping and accounting is a plus.
- Account executives who work directly with our clients. Experience with managing non-profit associations is helpful. Our account executives must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, be able to multi-task, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing deadlines.
- Clerical support staff who assist with data entry, typing, copying, filing, and similar tasks.
Applying For Jobs With PESC
If you're interested in job openings at PESC, Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, stop by our office Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to fill out an application.
Tips For Applicants
You must successfully complete 2 steps to get any job.
- Submit a resume or application.
- Interview for the job and make a good impression.
We can get as many as 200 applications for a single position. If you want to increase your chances of getting an interview, your resume needs to stand out. Here are some tips:
- DON'T send an Email asking us to call you so we can tell you more about the job. When we post a job opening online, we get this about 5% of the time. We don't have time to make these kinds of calls and we don't need to, because there are plenty of better candidates from which to select.
- DO include all relevant work experience. If there are big gaps in experience, it helps to explain the reasons why.
- DON'T send your resume if you lack the specific experience we're looking for. Our online job postings clearly state our requirements because we know what skills and experience we need. If you're not qualified, we won't interview you.
- DO proofread your resume. Typos and grammatical errors give the impression that you're careless.
If we do call you for an interview, here are a few more tips for making a good impression:
- Show up on time or a few minutes early.
- Bring a copy of your resume with you.
- Wear professional business attire (no flip flops, torn and dirty jeans, mini-skirts, or low-cut or see-through blouses).